Social Care Officer - Days
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have experience in a caring role in health or social care either in the community or residential setting and an understanding of the person centred approach. As well as a genuine interest in the needs and rights of older people you also need to feel comfortable undertaking personal care tasks.
You will be required to provide a quality service to residents, providing support for individuals and their carers/families.
Ideally applicants should hold SVQ 3 in Health and Social Care or agreement to undertake in post within specified period and be registered with the SSSC. Alternatively they should be willing to commit to this training in order to meet the requirements for registration to the Scottish Social Services Council and be registered within 6 months of taking up employment.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of two references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer
Interviews are expected to take place on 11/10/2016
Informal Enquires to: Liane Bruce - 01651 872 300
Lead, as a key worker, in the provision of person centred care with holistic support of individuals, in a community or residential setting, whilst promoting equality and choice for all. Responsible for development, recording, implementation and review of personal care and support plans in partnership with service users.
This role may require flexible, evening and weekend working.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to work toward continuous improvement of the post for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
• Responsible for initiating, maintaining and updating of personal care plans, in partnership with the service users
• Enable individuals to carry out intimate personal care tasks, activities of daily living, as well as providing support in meeting social, spiritual and emotional needs
• Administer prescribed medication in line with policy
• Provide support for individuals and their families / carers through active listening and demonstrating a genuine understanding of their needs and rights
• Maintain record keeping systems in line with corporate records management standards
• Carry out general housekeeping duties as requested by the management team
• Use of approaches to manage behaviours that challenge in care settings
Job Profile Social Care Officer 2015-01-23.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf