Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
• Undertake the preparation, cooking and service of food and beverages.
This role may require flexible and weekend working
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to Linda F. Smith 07795 013338
• Operate, maintain and clean equipment
• Follow food hygiene and cleanliness in the kitchen in accordance with health and safety, food hygiene and COSHH regulations at times
• Carry out simple food preparation & cooking (kitchen only)
• Perform cashier duties both tills and vending machines
• Respond to customer requests in accordance to procedures
• Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades
or equivalent transferable experience and skills
• Service of food experience
• Effective communication skills
• Basic hygiene certificate
• Experience of working in an Aberdeenshire Council Kitchen
• Ability to work proactively and with limited direct supervision
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Catering Assistant 2009-06-16.pdf