Functional Safety Engineer
Functional Safety Engineer - Scotstoun (Glasgow) - 6 Month Contract - GBP42.35 an hour
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UK's leading defence companies based in Scotstoun.
The purpose of this role is to support the Marine Systems Technical Authorities and Systems Integration Lead in planning, coordinating and conducting effective delivery of Product Safety Management, To provide specialist Product Safety skills to the broader Marine Systems team, To co-ordinate and conduct the day-to-day Product Safety activities of the Marine Systems team.
Experience required for this role:-
- Knowledge of customer (Ship/System Safety) standards such as:-
o Def. Stan 00-56
o IEC 61508
- Able to demonstrate understanding and experience of the safety analysis of the functional operation of complex systems
- Appreciation of functional failure hazards and software risk mitigation requirements.
- Experienced in risk management, this will include hazard identification, analysis, risk assessment and risk mitigation
- Competent with applying formal hazard/safety assessment techniques and methods such as:-
o HAZID (Hazard Identification)
o HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability studies
o FFA (Functional Failure Analysis)
o FHA (Functional Hazard Analysis)
o SWIFT (Structured What-If Technique)
o FTA/ETA (Fault/Event Tree Analysis)
o FMEA (Failure Mode and Effect Analysis) etc.
For more information or to apply for this role, please contact Lauren Burke or send an up to date CV
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.