Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have experience of preparing and cooking meals in quantity and have an Elementary Hygiene Certificate. As well as being able to work to guidelines you have a genuine interest in food and the needs of children.
Assist the Unit Supervisor to run a large kitchen, primarily by cooking and preparing food
Undertake the planning, preparation and serving of meals
Responsible for the ordering of supplies and maintenance of hygiene and Health and Safety in the kitchen
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007.
The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or
undergo a PVG Scheme update check.
Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out
with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required.
You will be required to provide this check.
A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will
be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. This must be your current or most recent employer
This post is worked over 5 days per week during term time - 8am until 2pm
Informal enquiries to: Catherine Mutch 07765 896649
• Assist the Unit Supervisor to operate the kitchen in an efficient manner
• Carry out cooking and preparation tasks
• Experience in preparing and cooking of meals in quantity
• Elementary Hygiene Certificate or equivalent experience
• Ability to use own initiative
• To be adaptable/creative
• Ability to work to guidelines
• Have a genuine interest in food and the needs of children
• Communication skills to deal at all levels
• Cooking Certificate or equivalent
• Health and Safety training
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf