4 days left
- Full Time
Post Title: Fitness Assistant – Health & Fitness
Salary: £17,034.66 - £19,214.63
Hours:37 hours per week – Full Time (Temporary November 2016)
Location: Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre
This post is only available to all permanent and temporary employees currently employed by East Dunbartonshire Leisure & Culture Trust. This is a short term, temporary position to cover a staff shortage during a recruitment period.
We are seeking to appoint an ambitious individual who will be responsible for delivering the day to day operations of THEGYM fitness facility within Kirkintilloch Leisure Centre. You will be required to undertake a range of duties within the THEGYM fitness facility, which will include client consultations, aspiration mapping, fitness assessments and the instruction of small group classes. You will also be required to ensure that the facility is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness & repair. The Fitness Assistant will be responsible for the overseeing & general safety & behaviour of the public to prevent injury, misuse & damage to the facility.
Possession of a recognised Gym Instructors Qualification is essential as is the ability to work well with the public. A Health & Fitness related qualification would be an advantage.
The post holder will be required to work outside normal hours, including evenings, weekends & public holidays.
Charter of Commitment
The commitment by East Dunbartonshire Council to job applicants is as follows:
• Individuals will be treated in a polite, friendly and welcoming manner.
• Equalities monitoring will be conducted to ensure a fair and equitable process with
screening being carried out to anonymise sensitive information such as age, gender and disability.
• The information that we receive will be treated in confidence and with discretion. Only the relevant HR representative/team and the relevant service will see the application form.
• We will encourage and welcome applications from applicants under the disability symbol. Where the essential criteria are met an interview will be offered to those applying under the disability symbol.
• We will be pleased to make any reasonable adjustments to ensure accessibility at the interview.
• We will advise you within reasonable time after the closing date if you have not met the interview criteria. (Normally within 4 weeks)
• We will advise you of meeting the criteria for interview normally within 3 weeks.
• We will advise you if you have been successful or unsuccessful at the interview stage as soon as practically possible.