Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Required to work in road squads, involved in all aspects of Road Maintenance and Construction. Previous experience and knowledge of Highway Construction methods is desirable. An awareness of Health and Safety issues as well as an ability to work outwith normal hours including on stand by / call out rota and a willingness to be involved in winter maintenance operations are essential. Possession of a LGV licence is desirable but training can be provided. Previous training in Site Safety, Chapter 8 Signing and HAUC Reinstatement methods are also desirable but training can be provided.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Expected Interview Date - 21st October 2016
Informal Enquiries to: Ralph Singleton 0141975564923
Participate fully, generally as part of a team, in the maintenance of roads, drains and related services
Duties are largely of a manual nature across the full range of maintenance and construction methods
Duties will include use of hand tools and power tools, driving vehicles which do not require an LGV licence, and the checking and routine maintenance of tools and equipment.
• Manual working
• Assistance in preparation and planning of works
• Provide assistance and support to skilled and specialist operatives
• Awareness of Health & Safety issues
• Current valid Driving Licence
• Self-motivated team worker
• Ability to work outwith normal hours including on stand by / call out rota
• Mature attitude
• Willingness to be involved in winter maintenance operations
• Experience of road construction, road maintenance, civil engineering or within the construction industry
• Experience of winter maintenance operations
• LGV Licence
• Smart Card
• HAUC Certificate
• Chapter 8 Signing
• C&G Certificate in winter maintenance
• NVQ level 2 in road maintenance
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf