Lead Employability Tutor (Temporary)
6 days left
- Full Time
Lead Employability Tutor (3) (Temporary)
£25,509 - £27,498
Based within the Employability and Skills Service, Dumfries, this is an exciting role for a proven Tutor/Assessor with leadership skills. This role provides an opportunity to support the Service by leading a team of employability tutors in the effective delivery of high quality, learner focused employability and other related skills, qualifications and awards supporting ESF programmes.
This will involve:
• overseeing work with individuals and groups to ensure completion of employability and related qualifications/awards creating a welcoming learning environment which promotes equality of opportunity;
• managing tutors to create relevant and interesting training and material which is monitored, quality assured and evaluated;
• ensuring that all necessary information and evidence is gathered and administered promptly and accurately in order to comply with funding criteria and SQA requirements;
• lie managing tutors to lead on working in partnership with community organisations to provide further support, advice and assistance in relation to employability skills/qualifications;
• ensuring the quality marketing and publicity of Employability Service activities and opportunities at a local level.
• Educated to SVQ level 3 in Education/Training or equivalent with up to date CPD
• Experience in working with young people and adults from vulnerable circumstances on a 1 to 1 or group basis
• Experience in the use of motivational and progression tools
• Knowledge of employability skills and related awards
• A confident, outgoing team player with a flexible approach to work
A current driving licence is an essential requirement of this post. However, if you have a disability which precludes you from holding a driving licence consideration will be given if alternative transport can be arranged.
This is a temporary post initially for one year with the possibility of extension. This post may be suitable for secondment. Agreement from your line manager must be sought before applying for this post.
For further information please contact Melanie McEwen on 01387 240208 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information for internal advert only:
This is a funded post advertised externally at Scottish Joint Council Band 8. It may be suitable for secondment. Internal applications from candidates with extensive skills and experience presenting young people for SQA awards will be considered. Successful applicants would be conserved on their current salary under the following conditions:
• main grade teacher at any point on the scale
• up to spinal column point 4 on the Principal Teacher scale.
Agreement from your line manager must be sought before applying for this post.
Lead Employability Tutor JD.pdf
Lead Employability Tutor PS.pdf
Lead Employability Tutor Advert.doc