Employability Tutor (3) (Temporary)
4 days left
- Full Time
ESF Employability Tutor (3) (Temporary)
£22,995 - £24,777
1 based in Stranraer
2 based in East but with region wide travel
Based within the Employability and Skills Service, this is an exciting opportunity for a proven Tutor/Assessor to support the Service in the effective delivery of ESF programmes 2014 - 2020.
Working in partnership with community organisations and our employability partners, the successful candidate will develop and deliver learner focused employability qualifications in line with funding and awarding body standards to support our young people into positive destinations.
This will include:
• Ensure quality marketing and publicity of the Employability Service;
• Work with individuals and groups to ensure completion of employability and related qualifications/awards creating a welcoming learning environment which promotes equality of opportunity;
• Work with individuals to determine skills level using appropriate skills assessment tools and prepare individual learning plans;
• Provide one-to-one guidance and support throughout participation, meeting regularly to ensure progression is sustained and awards completed;
• Create relevant and interesting training and material which is monitored, quality assured and evaluated;
• Ensure that all necessary information and evidence is gathered and administered promptly and accurately in order to comply with funding criteria and/ or SQA requirements;
• Educated to SVQ level 3 in Education/Training or equivalent with up to date CPD;
• Experience in working with young people and adults from vulnerable circumstances on a 1 to 1 or group basis;
• Experience in the use of motivational and progression tools;
• Knowledge of employability skills and related awards.
• A confident, outgoing team player with a flexible approach to work.
The post holder will be required to be a confident, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with the ability to work independently and contribute to a high performing team.
This post is considered as Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. From 28 February 2011, preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG scheme update check prior to formal offer of employment being made by Dumfries and Galloway Council.
Applicants who have been resident outside the UK within the last 5 years, if offered a position, in addition to a Disclosure Scotland Check, will be required to provide a completed police record check from the police authority in the country or countries in which they were resident
This post is part funded by the European Structural Funds and as such, the post holder will be solely involved in Structural Funds activity.
This post is temporary until 31/12/2018.
This post is 36 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
A current driving licence is essential for this post, however if you have a disability which prevents you from holding a driving licence consideration will be given if alternative transport can be arranged.
Interviews will commence week beginning Monday the 10th of October.
For further information please contact Nicola Vallance-Ross on 01387 240201 or at email@example.com
Employability Tutor JD.pdf
Employablility Tutor PS.pdf
Employability Tutor Advert.doc