Senior Rehabilitation Instructors
2 days left
- Full Time
Senior Rehabilitation Instructors x 3 Posts
(Garden & Animal Assisted Therapy Centre, Arts & Crafts Centre, Skye Activity Centre)
These posts are recognised as a Health Care Support Worker Post
Salary: Band 5 £22,218 - £28,746 plus £1,214 High Secure Environment Allowance plus High Secure Clinical Responsibility Allowance of £2,913 per annum.
Hours: Post 1 Full Time x 37.5 hrs, Garden & Animal Assisted Therapy Centre
Post 2 Full Time x 37.5 hrs, Art & Crafts Centre
Post 3 Part Time - Fixed Term - 6 months, Garden & Animal Assisted Therapy Centre
Duration: 2 x Permanent. 1 x Fixed Term - 6 Months
Details: The Skye Centre provides a high quality service that is individually focused and consists of a range of therapeutic, recreational, social, vocational, educational and physical health services for patients in line with the principles set out in the clinical model. An opportunity has arisen for one Full Time permanent and one Part Time Fixed Term Senior Rehabilitation Instructor to be based within the Garden & Animal Assisted Therapy Centre. The post-holder will be expected to take a lead role in the provision of therapeutic horticultural and animal therapy activities for the patients. The role involves working closely with the Senior Staff Nurse, who has overall clinical responsibility for the area, to provide activity and interventions that are beneficial for the improvement of the patient's mental health and contribute to their care and treatment plan. The post holder will also be expected to lead in the provision of vocational qualifications for the patients in horticulture and/or related topics. The post-holder will be expected to be flexible in their approach as they may also be deployed to work in various designated activity areas within the Skye Centre.
- Experience: We would welcome applicants who have obtained qualifications and/or experience to enable them to teach horticultural skills to patients.
- The successful candidate will have the necessary assessor qualifications to allow them to deliver basic level vocational qualifications.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate the ability to work competently and confidently with those experiencing severe and enduring mental health problems, and will have an awareness of the benefits of structured activity.
- You will be an effective communicator with positive interpersonal skills, motivated and committed to work with patients. You will have a responsible and caring attitude.
- The opportunity has also arisen for a Senior Rehabilitation Instructor primarily based in the Crafts Centre. The individual will assist the designated Nurse in leading and supporting the team, providing patient care and activity in the setting of a busy activity centre. The successful candidate will be responsible for planning and implementing patients' programmes within the centre and will assist the patients to engage in a wide range of art and creative based activities that both increases their understanding of the necessary skills and knowledge and provides the opportunity for them to enjoy the therapeutic benefits available. Ideally we are looking for a person with core skills and knowledge within the area arts and creative crafts and practical experience gained in delivering these skills to others within a learning or training environment is essential.
- The post-holders will be expected to be flexible in their approach and may be deployed to work in other activity centres across the service or designated activity areas throughout the campus.
Interested: External Candidates - You must apply via the eESS website link and register:
State Hospital employees should click on the following link:
For details of your eESS login please contact Pauline Thomson on 01555 842107 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like an informal discussion about these posts, please contact Alexandra MacLean, Senior Charge Nurse on 01555 842178 or Jacqueline Garrity, Skye Centre Manager on 01555 842056
Closing Date: The closing date for application is 3 October 2016
These vacancies will also be advertised on SHOW/Jobcentre/MyJobScotland
Job Pack MJS - Rehabilitation Instructors.doc