Clerical Assistant (FIF05294)
7 days left
- Full Time
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 10 October 2016
Working Pattern: Monday and Tuesday three hours per day
You will promote social inclusion and offer opportunities for people with disabilities in a range of community settings. Support service users by increasing their social and independent living skills in their own home in a person centred way that promotes the principles of social inclusion.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
4 Standard Grades (Grade level 3) or equivalent including English and Mathematics.
Previous experience within an administrative environment.
Microsoft Office experience.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland
This post is subject to a disclosure check which will be undertaken by Disclosure Scotland.
Under the direction and supervision of the Admin Assistant or Senior member of staff, you may be required to undertake any of the following tasks which may be delegated to Clerical Assistants. It is not intended as a complete list of tasks that a Clerical Assistant could perform, nor is it intended that a single Clerical Assistant would be able to take on all these tasks.
- Provide clerical support under the supervision of the Admin Assistant in the operational aspect of establishment/office activities and issues, such as: photocopying, producing professional office documents including letters, memos, notices, spreadsheets, minutes etc.
- Provide an efficient clerical/banking service in respect of trips, uniforms, etc.
- Record and maintain accurate records of outgoing mail on daily basis
Assist in the maintenance of efficient office systems to enable prompt retrieval of data, completion of returns, as required
- Assist in the operational aspects of the recruitment and selection process in relation to the Council’s guidelines, as directed by the Admin Co-ordinator.
- Ensure that staff supply cover is arranged by assisting in the processing of requests through the supply messaging system.
- Efficient completion of appropriate ITrent payroll forms in relation to the school’s establishment, and return to the Headquarters Employee Resources
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge
Excellent time management skills and organisational skills.
Excellent word processing and ICT skills.
Ability to cope under pressure
Ability to respond appropriately to conflicting and competing demands
Ability to respond positively to change
Interpersonal & Communication Skills
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Empathy towards children
Health & Physical Attributes
Ability to provide regular and effective service.
In Fife Council How We Work Matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
• Take ownership
• Focus on customers
• Work together
• Embrace technology & information
• Deliver results
Please contact: Donna Jamieson, email@example.com or call 01383 602403
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
Clerical Assistant Job Profile.pdf
Education & Children's Services Directorate Information.docx