Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Landscape Operative to join Aberdeenshire Council to assist in all aspects of landscape maintenance including grave digging operations as required. Duties are of a general nature, providing support and assistance to other operatives and include use of equipment. As an employee you act as a representative for the Council when interfacing with members of the public and will do so in a polite, courteous and friendly manner.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Expected Interview Date - 28th September 2016
Informal Enquiries Contact - Iain Welsh 01569768616
• Work in public parks, playing fields, landscaped areas and similar open spaces to undertake grass cutting, hedge trimming, clearing leaves, litter collection, planting, pruning, seeding and other such duties and where appropriate chemical application under direction.
• Assist others carrying out landscaping and grave digging works.
• The post involves undertaking duties on construction sites, adjacent to public roads and in depots and workshops
• Clean up and tidy any spillage that occurs during the performance of duties in order to avoid any loss or damage.
• Operate equipment and machinery required to carry out your duties after appropriate training & Ensure such equipment/machinery is treated with due care and attention.
• Full Current Driving Licence
• Willingness to participate in all required training programmes
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Responsible attitude to safety procedures
• Willingness to participate in aspects of gravedigging operations
• Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Broad range of horticultural experience including landscaping
• Experience of outdoor manual working
• Entitlement to tow trailers
• Horticulture/Agriculture Certification – SVQ 2
• Certificate of competence in the application of pesticides
• Experience in the use of machinery
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• A responsible attitude towards work and colleagues
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf