Relief Group Janitor
3 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Undertake Janitorial Services
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Working hours: Relief - as and when required
Informal enquiries to Steven Will - 01779 472231
- Ensure the provision of an effective janitorial service
- Provide a security service to educational establishments
- Assist in the supervision of children as required at the direction of the Head Teacher or member of ECS SMT
- Undertake minor repairs as required
- Ensure the maintenance and operation of heating plant, lighting systems and swimming pool plant
- Monitor cleaning services and report cleaning issues on an exception reporting basis
- Undertake porterage duties
- Assist in the fulfilment of health and safety responsibilities within the establishment including briefing external users of the building on Health & Safety Policies
- Provide general support services
- Standby and call out for Winter Maintenance duties as required
- SVQ Level 2 or equivalent experience
- Valid current driving licence
- Good communication, customer services and organisational skills
- Ability to use initiative in day to day duties
- Must be physically fit as the job involves manual lifting
- Trade qualification
- Willingness to undertake further training
- Trade background
- Previous experience of dealing with the public, including young children
- Ability to complete minor repairs to an appropriate standard
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Group Janitor 2013-05-02.pdf