Social Care Worker - Isleshavn Care at Home
5 days left
- Full Time
The purpose of the job is to actively provide person-centred care in accordance with relevant legislation and guidelines. To attend to the physical, social and emotional needs of the service users in your care, this could include;
- Older people, including those with needs associated with dementia;
- Children and young people, including those with special needs;
- Adults with learning disabilities;
- Adults with physical disabilities; and
- Adults with mental ill-health
in their own homes and/or in a residential, supported accommodation or day-care setting.
More detail is provided in the Job Profile, Person Specification and Conditions of Service Summary attached to the bottom of this advert.
Please follow the link below for further information -
- The grade of this post is F/G/H
- Rate of pay shown in the advert is inclusive of Distant Islands Allowance of £1.0349 per hour
- This post is career graded - your salary and career progression will depend on your experience and qualifications
- Permanent Part Time post for 14 hours per week, 52.18 weeks per year
- Preferred candidates will be required to join the Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update prior to a formal offer of employment being made
- A relocation package does not apply to this post
- We will pay interview expenses from within Shetland
- The successful candidate will be subject to satisfactory Pre-Employment Medical screening with our Occupational Health provider.
- You must hold a valid driving licence and have a suitable vehicle for use during your employment
- Not suitable for Job Share
- Not suitable for Remote Working.
During the application process you are required to give the names of two persons not related to you, who we can contact to provide a reference to support your application.
Proposed Interview Date: Monday 17 October 2016
This post is based at Isleshavn Care at Home, Yell.
The successful applicant will be expected to work as a lone worker, as a member of a team of Social Care Workers delivering a high standard of social and personal care, along with housing support to vulnerable people who live alone in their own homes. It is expected that the successful applicant will have experience in caring for others, and a full induction will be provided, along with any necessary training. This post requires the successful applicant to work within a shift system which includes weekend working. At times the successful applicant will also be expected to work in a residential care setting.
For further details relating to this post, please contact: Lynn Thomson, Senior Social Care Worker - 01595 745726 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Employee Benefits Aug 2016.pdf
Conditions of Service - Local Government Employees - May 2016.pdf
Social Care Worker - FGH (JPPS - Career Grade).pdf