Surveyor - Construction, Civils, water
Surveyor (Construction/Civils) - Utilities, Water - Glasgow and on-site across Scotland - 12 Months - GBP20 - 28 per hour - JA/Req/033501
Experienced Surveyor with previous Construction and/or Civil engineering (site based) experience required to join an existing services team for a large utilities company in the Glasgow.
The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the delivery of a high profile project producing full spectrum asset risk profiles for the clients bulk water transmission assets. The asset profiles will generate pipeline management plans which will promote prioritised capital and operational maintenance programmes as well as risk mitigation and performance enhancement interventions.
- Prior experience in Construction/Civil Engineering (site based) is required
- Knowledge and experience of all aspects of risk assessment/method statement writing is essential
- The ideal candidate would also be experienced in stakeholder management and project planning
- Good knowledge and experience of using of MS Office software such as Word, Excel and Project would be beneficial
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, reliable team player with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively to meet demanding deadlines
- Experience in the water/utilities industry would also be beneficial but not essential
- Candidates will also require a drivers licence and access to their own transport.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor, the key responsibilities of the Surveyor would include:
- Assist Senior Surveyor in the development, implementation and maintenance of the field survey methodology:
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to define and document outline scope.
- Production of all necessary planning, health and safety and guidance documents associated with field survey activities.
- Ensure that all field related procedures, protocols and documents are maintained in-line with current industry best practice.
- Undertake field survey of Strategic Infrastructure Assets:
- Planning and scheduling of daily field activities to ensure that surveys are carried out in a safe and effective manner.
- Continually assess key aspects of asset criticality - repair difficulty, damage impact potential, failure mechanism, etc.
- Development, mentoring and day to day supervision of the Project Technician:
- Effectively share knowledge and experience to enhance the PT's understanding of strategic infrastructure assets.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Project Technician is maintained at all times.
- Liaison with key stakeholders:
- Landowners- interacting with landowners to understand access issues and build positive relationships.
- Project Team- reporting of survey findings and data with project team.
- Water Operations and Response- to understand failure scenarios and develop effective response plans.
If interested and you fit the above profile please respond ASAP with an updated CV for review and consideration.
Recruitment Zone acting as an employment business in regard to this advert.