Role: Surveyor - Criticality Profiling
Duration: 12-24 months
Location: Glasgow and on-site across Scotland
Our public sector client is seeking a positive, self-motivated individual with strong analytical and problem solving skills to join their strategy team. The successful candidate will play a key role in supporting the delivery of a high profile project producing full spectrum asset risk profiles for their bulk water transmission assets. The asset profiles will generate pipeline management plans which will promote prioritised capital and operational maintenance programmes as well as risk mitigation and performance enhancement interventions.
Reporting to the Senior Surveyor, the key responsibilities of the Surveyor would include:
- Assisting the Senior Surveyor in the development, implementation and maintenance of the field survey methodology:
- Liaison with internal stakeholders to define and document outline scope.
- Production of all necessary planning, health and safety and guidance documents associated with field survey activities.
- Ensure that all field related procedures, protocols and documents are maintained in-line with current industry best practice.
- Undertake field survey of Strategic Water Infrastructure Assets:
- Planning and scheduling of daily field activities to ensure that surveys are carried out in a safe and effective manner.
- Continually assess key aspects of asset criticality - repair difficulty, damage impact potential, failure mechanism, etc.
- Development, mentoring and day to day supervision of the Project Technician:
- Effectively share knowledge and experience to enhance the PT's understanding of strategic infrastructure assets.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of the Project Technician is maintained at all times.
- Liaison with key stakeholders:
- Landowners- interacting with landowners to understand access issues and build positive relationships.
- Project Team- reporting of survey findings and data with project team.
- Water Operations and Response- to understand failure scenarios and develop effective response plans.
- Prior experience in Construction/Civil Engineering (site based).
- Experience in stakeholder management, project planning as well as all aspects of risk assessment/method statement writing.
- Good knowledge and experience of using of MS Office software such as Word, Excel and Project.
Candidate should be a self-motivated, reliable team player with the ability to multitask and prioritise effectively to meet demanding deadlines.
Parity - Source, Develop, Transform
Parity Professionals Ltd acts in the capacity of an Employment Business when providing contract work finding services.