Senior Manager - Operational Controls
To operationally lead an area responsible for Complaint handling, Breach Notification and Investigation, Data Integrity controls and Quality Assurance.
To motivate, manage and develop the team to ensure that SJP, their Partners and Clients continue to receive exceptional levels of customer service and that the customer experience is enhanced at every opportunity. To operate within agreed budget and monitor and control expenditure against the set budget.Package
- Competitive annual salary
- Eligible for annual discretionary bonus (based on individual and company performance)
- 25 Days holiday
- 6% non-contributory pension scheme
- Life Assurance (4 x salary)
- Family Cover healthcare
- Flex benefits scheme
- Operational Management. Manage and oversee dedicated Client teams, formulating strategic plans for all Client and functions.
- Service Delivery ensuring IFDS meets their Clients' expectations, in line with Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Continue to progress relationship with all Clients and Customers that the incumbent is responsible for.
- Identifying opportunities to enhance the service provided to clients and develop follow through actions in conjunction with internal and external colleagues.
- Identify and manage operational risks ensuring adequate controls are implemented and regularly monitored.
- Collaborate with colleagues across the business area to deliver SLAs in line with priorities. Management of the relationship with Team India for processes owned that are carried out offshore
- Liaise with HMRC as appropriate
Develop and Improve Communication to ensure IFDS operationally meets business requirements, influencing colleagues and other departments where necessary to expedite timely resolution of issues, sharing best practice, knowledge and ideas. Develop and maintain mechanisms sufficient to ensure that all team members are fully aware of issues which impact their performance, and that a culture of open and honest two-way communication prevails.Measure employee engagement and ensure action plans are developed to address identified areas of improvement
Process Management and improvement to ensure processes and procedures are appropriately controlled, monitored and documented and operated within the confines of the regulatory regime. Where necessary appropriate action to be taken to resolve issue in a timely and effective manner. Responsible for ensuring that ongoing improvement of processes and procedures is prioritised, continually enhancing the Client experience.
Staff PDR's, Training & Development to ensure regular documented reviews of individual performance, including monthly staff 1:1 meetings and team process in respect of quality and productivity.
Evidence of continued self-development to improve business knowledge and skills to support development of direct reports
Mentoring & Coaching - able to develop the team with mentoring/coaching management/business skills. Supporting their development with regular feedback on performance with focus on coaching.
Develop & Improve Client Relations - with specific emphasis on client and customer satisfaction. This includes clear and precise communication to all of the incumbents Clients, to ensure issues, where they arise, are managed effectively.
Escalation point for the Clients they are responsible for, where service has not met their expectations. Investigation, resolution management and continuous communication to be delivered at all times.
Planning - Able to formulate medium/long term strategic plans for department & long term operational plans with Line Manager
Relationships - Ambassador for the incumbents Clients and the department, enhancing inter-relationships.
Client Relationship - Attendance at Monthly Service Review meetings with SJP, as required. Confidently discussing successes, challenges and initiatives to enhance the Customer experience.
Business Process Review - creative problem solving - including the planning and implementation of change.
Attendance at all incumbents Client related projects and internal development, to ensure continuous improvement of the Customer experienceIdentify root causes of issues to improve performance
- Deputise for Head of Drawdown Servicing/Associate Director of SJP Operations and provide support in company wide Customer Experience initiatives
- Develop and maintain "IFDS showcase and Tour" for new prospects. Maintain prospect and new business support documentation
- Support corporate projects that impact their business area
- Strong knowledge of Financial Services and experience of operationally managing with in a FSA regulated business.
- IAQ or FCA recognised qualification either achieved or working towards.
- Management experience of 3+ years
- Experience of successfully enhancing the customer experience.
- Strong Client relationship skills
- Excellent knowledge of pensions servicing, pre and post retirement