Here at The Works, we are looking for an Assistant Manager to join the team in our store in Intu Braehead, Glasgow. The successful candidate will receive a salary of £17,000 per annum plus benefits.
The Works have been putting the customer first, since we first opened our doors in 1981. We have established ourselves as a family friendly retail discount store, offering our customers an excellent service and experience, whether that's in one of our 300+ stores, warehouse, head office or online teams.
The Works continues to expand geographically, adding new stores to its network across England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Eire and is planning to open 30-50 new stores a year. So, there is really no better time to join our growing team.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the role of Assistant Manager is to:
- Drive Store Sales
- Provide excellent customer service
- Maximise business performance
- Deliver excellent operating standards
- Take full responsibility for the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager through effective team working.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Manager include:
- Lead by example, personally demonstrating excellent customer service, always proactively seeking opportunities to assist internal and external customers.
- Responsible for guaranteeing that the store creates a customer service culture, always putting the customers needs first.
- Communicate promotional offers and additional sales opportunities to the team.
- To assist in achieving or exceeding Sales Targets and other key performance measurements in the Store.
- Maximise sales opportunities through excellent product knowledge, make certain of tight controls on stock; demonstrate creativity and flair on the sales floor, motivate the people in the Store.
- Effective and efficient control of overheads and costs to the business including store budgets expenditure and petty cash.
- Ensuring that best practice is used across the Store to deliver excellent operating standards, including Merchandising, Housekeeping, Promotional implementation and
- To assist in the management of the working environment of the Store and make certain that Company procedures and legislative requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring that the Store operates Company systems and procedures within the Company.
- Provide leadership and support to the team by working closely with the Branch Manager.
- To assist in developing an effective store, whilst encouraging ownership of shared goals and objectives.
- Assist the Branch Manager to recruit, select, develop and retain appropriate Store Staff.
- Be Knowledgeable of Company procedures and basic Employment legislations.
- Assist in managing the performance of employees in the Store.
If you believe, as we do, in great service, and want the chance to get on and develop in retail, then don’t delay. Apply now to become our Assistant Manager.
Apply for Assistant Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly