Day Centre Officer
3 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have experience and an interest in supporting adults to develop greater independence through activities including computers, drama, creative craft and all aspects of leisure activities. As well as a genuine commitment to work with people who have disability you also have a knowledge and understanding of the needs and rights of people with disability.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of two references, one of these must be your current or most recent employer
Permanent part-time position, 14.5 hours per week. Flexible days and hours will be available for the right candidate.
Informal enquiries to Rona Smith - 01467 629046
- Assessment of individual needs in order to develop, plan, arrange and run a range of activities
- Monitor and review programmes on a regular basis
- Provide Personal Care and emotional support
- Support service user by preparing reports and maintaining records
- Maintain supportive liaison with Carers
- Academic achievement to Scottish National 4 or 5 level, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Willingness to undertake appropriate professional qualification in CALM and continuous development and upkeep of annual accreditation
- Experience of organising, running and evaluating groups
- Experience and knowledge of working in an enabling role
- Knowledge of working with people who have complex needs
- Knowledge of advocacy and representation
- SVQ/HNC in Social Care or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake Bus Assessment
- Experience of working alongside people with disability
- Experience of working in a Day Service
- Budgeting Experience
- IT Literate
- Ability to cope under pressure
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf