4 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Required to work in road squads, involved in all aspects of Road Maintenance and Construction. Previous experience and knowledge of Highway Construction methods and an awareness of Health and Safety issues are essential.
You have a current driving licence. An ability to work outwith normal hours including on stand by / call out rota and a willingness to be involved in winter maintenance operations are essential. Possession of a LGV licence is desirable but training can be provided. Previous training in Site Safety, Chapter 8 Signing and HAUC Reinstatement methods are also desirable but training can be provided.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Expected Interview Date - 25th October 2016
Work Location - Stonehaven Roads Deport
Informal Enquiries Contact - Ewan Smith 01569768452
Assist, generally as part of a team, in the maintenance and construction of roads and drains.
Participate in winter maintenance operations.
• Undertake skilled operations connected with roads and drains
• Operation of powered heavy plant
• Experience of roadworks, civil engineering or within the construction industry
• Current valid driving licence
• Awareness of Health & Safety issues
• Self-motivated team worker
• Ability to work out with normal hours including on stand by / call out rota
• Mature attitude
• Willingness to be involved in winter maintenance operations.
• Experience of road maintenance
• Experience of winter maintenance operations
• LGV Licence
• Smart Card
• HAUC Certificate
• Chapter 8 Signing
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf