Care Manager (Fixed Term)
4 days left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have experience in community settings working with people with community care needs and possess advanced assessment skills. Registered with SSSC, (or with appropriate agency e.g. Nursing and Midwifery Board (NMC) 1st level Nursing , or Health Professions Council), you have one or more of the following qualifications: CQSW, Dip in Social Work, Dip/Degree in Occupational Therapy or a first line nursing qualification with Community experience. You also have the ability to record information and present written care plans relevant to care management tasks.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
Fixed term for 6 months.
Informal enquiries to Ryan McGregor 01779 484 217
A minimum of TWO references are required for this post, one from your current or most recent employer.
Undertake assessment and care management to meet the needs of community care user groups in accordance with the requirements of the National Health Service and Community Care Act 1991.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
- Assess individual service user needs, involving service user and carer
- Prepare care plans to meet agreed assessed needs of individuals and negotiate the most effective ways of meeting those needs
- Cost the requirements of the care plan and determine the availability of the necessary finance, monitor expenditures
- Secure the resources or services, statutory and voluntary, to carry out the requirements of care plans
- Review and monitor care plans on a regular basis by re-assessment of needs and service outcomes, contribute to the development of strategies or plans
- Ensure delivery of care plans in a consistent and cohesive way
- Identify unmet needs and gaps in provision and report to senior management
- Undertake financial assessments and budget related activities
- Maintain case and administrative records in accordance with corporate policy and procedures
• Professional qualification in Social Work - CQSW, Dip in Social Work, Dip/Degree in Occupational Therapy or a first line nursing qualification
• Registered with the SSSC
• Current valid driving licence
• Proven experience in a community setting working with people with community care needs
• Assessment skills experience
• Experience of supervising staff
• Experience in budget management
• Experience in using Microsoft Office packages to a proficient standard
• Awareness of the wider context in which health and social care is provided
• Experience of working across agency boundaries and multi-disciplinary settings
• Ability to record information and present written care plans relevant to the care management task
• Ability to work in a needs led way and understand the concept of unmet need
• Customer focused with excellent organisational, interpersonal, communication, interviewing and negotiating skills with the ability to work to tight and often conflicting deadlines and secure positive outcomes
• Knowledge of Health & Safety and National Care Standards
• Ability to pursue opportunities to make services and working practices more efficient and effective
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Care Manager 2015-01-22.pdf