Driver/Library & Information Assistant (MOR01647)
4 days left
- Full Time
Assisting in the delivery of effective and efficient value for money library and information services that meet the needs of the community of Moray in accordance with Council policy.
- Effectively and efficiently carry out van deliveries and library exchanges of stock at all service points to the agreed quality standards.
- Participate in promotional events and activities for adults and children.
- Undertake financial and administrative tasks in line with Council policy and procedures.
- Participate in training and development opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Ensure the security of the building.
Knowledge of public library services.
4 SQA Standard Grades or equivalent.
Attention to detail.
Full Driving Licence.
Knowledge of roads across Moray.
Ability to prioritise tasks/actions.
Ability to follow routines.
Capable of working unsupervised.
(Staff employed on a relief basis must be available to work at short notice.)
Good customer care / people skills.
Ability to lift boxes of books and other library materials sustained over long periods. (Vanload of boxes will be delivered at the one time).
Ability to pack boxes/crates to be transported safely and in order.
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
Starting Salary: £15,909 (pro rata)
£8.44 per hour
21.75 Hours per week
Days to be worked - Monday, Tuesday & Thursday (but may be negotiable)
MOR01647 Driver-Library & Info Asst - Amended February 2016.docx