Reviewing Officer Team Manager, Fixed Term, West Lothian Civic Centre (386.33) C/D 02/10/16
6 days left
- Full Time
Fixed Term for 2 years
The key duties of this post are:
- The Reviewing Officer Team provide a chairing service for statutory review meetings for children who are Looked After in accordance with current legislation and guidance, and Council policies and procedures.
- They also provide a chairing service for Child Protection Case Conferences as required in accordance with Edinburgh and Lothians Child Protection Procedures and agreed guidelines as agreed by West Lothian Public Protection Committee.
- A Children’s’ Rights Service is also provided. Which aims to provide information about rights and responsibilities to looked after and accommodated children and young people. Assisting children and young people through these processes, offering advice and guidance as required including assisting young people to represent their views at meetings such as Children’s Hearing and Looked After Children Reviews.
- The Team Manager is responsible for supervising staff, ensuring good practice and service delivery as well as providing leadership.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Degree in Social Work, DipSW or approved equivalent.
- Working as part of a team
- Knowledge of electronic recording systems
- Working knowledge of current legislation and national guidance
- An ability to lead and manage staff in a manner which is likely to induce staff confidence and supporting them to provide good quality standards of service
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals from other professional perspectives and experiences
386.33 - Reviewing Officer.pdf