ICT Officer (MOR01658)
3 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a customer-focused individual for the day to day management of the Council’s customer data. The role of data custodian requires a methodical approach to work and attention to detail to ensure the accuracy of our customer data. You will have relevant experience of working in a computer related environment and understand the need for sound data management.
Experience of some of the following areas would be a distinct advantage: Microsoft Office (Excel / Access) for the analysis of data, basic SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include: -
- Processing of daily update files from myAccount and other sources (e.g. data matching)
- Duplicate checks for individuals / organisations on the Council’s Customer Relationship Management system
- Verification of new accounts / registrations
- Resolution of duplicate new accounts
- Analysing customer / client extracts from other sources / systems
- Data cleansing / updates
- Development of online forms
- Liaise with other service areas to resolve issues.
- Provide estimates of timescales for work to be undertaken.
- Prepare and publish performance information.
- Produce and update documentation to agreed standards.
- Assist in producing incident reports for any major issues.
The ICT Officer job description is a generic document which covers all disciplines within the ICT Applications Team. The typical duties associated with this vacancy within the Applications Team are above.
To assist the ICT Project Leaders to ensure that the ICT service meets the needs of the Council and is delivered as effectively and efficiently as possible.
The following list represents a comprehensive list of tasks appropriate to ICT Officer posts at this level. Certain tasks are generic in nature and will be performed by most, if not all, of the ICT Officers. Other tasks are more specialised and will only pertain to specific individuals.
Assist in the development and implementation of ICT systems.
Assist with service delivery in relation to Infrastructure, Operation and User Support.
Assist, where appropriate, in strategy and planning initiatives with regard to the specified function of the service area.
Assist, where appropriate, in management and administration with regard to ICT contracts, projects and resources.
Adopt and promote council policies.
Any other duties.
Experience in a computer related environment
Higher Computing or computer related short courses
Ability to plan, schedule and monitor own work within short time horizons
Rational and organised approach to work
Understand and use appropriate methods, tools and applications
Ability to absorb and process technical information
Ability to communicate fluently
Ability to work well as part of a team
Ability to transport items of computer equipment in line with health and safety requirements.
Closing Date: 30 September 2016
Starting Salary:£19,264 - £24,882 (pro rata)
£10.22 - £13.20 per hour
(Placing depending on relevant experience and qualifications)
15 Hours per week
Proposed interview date: 20 October 2016
For further information contact: Phil McDonald (01343) 563211
MOR01658 ICT Officer JD-PS.doc