Social Care Support Worker, 28 hrs, Fixed Term, Whitdale Care Home (386.23) CD 02/10/16
7 days left
- Full Time
28 hrs per week, salary pro rata, 14% shift allowance - Fixed Term until Sept 2017
As Social Care Support Worker you will work as part of a team on a shift rota basis (including weekends).
You will contribute to the care planning process for residents in consultation with other staff.
The key duties of this post are:
- To undertake responsibility, jointly with other social care staff, to provide care and support to all service users which respects their individual rights and choice.
- To provide direct personal care where required in accordance with the service user’s individual care plan by, for example:
- Assisting/supporting with personal hygiene and appearance, i.e. bathing, shaving, nail cutting, attending to laundry
- Assisting/supporting with dressing/undressing
- Assisting/supporting mobility
- Enabling service users to eat and drink
- Enabling service users to access and use toilet facilities
- Contributing to the management of service users continence
- Enabling service users to achieve physical comfort
- Contributing to the care of the deceased person
- Enabling service users to maintain contacts in potentially isolating situations, e.g. due to poor mobility, communication problems due to a stroke, assistance with letter writing
- Administering medication in accordance with Council Guidelines
The skills and experience you must have are:
- SVQ II in Health and Social Care or equivalent is essential for the post.
- Previous care experience is essential
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
386.23 - Social Care Support Worker.pdf