Residential Worker, 30 hrs, Deans House/Burnside Unit (386.21) C/D 02/10/16
6 days left
- Full Time
30 hrs per week, Salary pro rata + 14% shift allowance
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible person to add to our team working with Adults with Learning Disabilities. You will work as part of a team to provide interim residential care with opportunities for residents to develop a range of skills necessary for them to move into more appropriate long term accommodation. You will assess and support each resident to learn skills which will enable them to become as independent as possible.
Ability to work on a shift basis covering 365 days a year (planned and at short notice) is required. A Residential Worker is required to work their contractual hours across these shifts and undertake sleep-in duties as required.
There may be a requirement to work at Burnside Respite Unit from time to time.
The key duties of this post are:
- To ensure that the needs of the clients are paramount and enable them to reach their potential.
- To implement the philosophy, role and objectives of the service, within the policies and guidelines established by West Lothian Council.
- To carry out the role of Residential Worker in accordance with standards set by the Council, working collaboratively with the Assistant Manager, Manager, Service Provision Manager and the Community Care Registration and Inspection Service, to that end.
- To undertake Keyworker responsibility for the care of individual clients and their care plan.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- HNC Social Care SVQ Level 3 Minimum Qualification required
- Experience and/or knowledge of care work, ideally involving work with adults with learning disabilities or mental health problems or a residential setting.
This position requires registration with the SSSC. The successful candidate will have six months from commencement in this post to register with the SSSC.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
386.21 - Residential Worker.pdf