Lead Officer for High Risk Offenders, West Lothian Civic Centre (386.18) C/D 02/10/16 INTERNAL...
3 days left
- Full Time
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
The key duties of this post are:
- To lead the strategic development of risk management for offenders who present a risk of harm to the public.
- Work in partnership with Responsible Authorities and Duty to Cooperate agencies as defined by the Management of Offenders Act.
- To lead on the development and review of risk management plans for offenders subject to MAPPA guidance (or other risk management provision)
- Coordinate, Chair and ensure administration of MAPPA meetings and other risk management meetings
- Ensure risk management plans are proportionate, robust and defensible.
- Lead on the coordination of environmental scanning and job centre disclosure, ensuring there are systems in place to review ongoing requirements for same.
- To be a single point of contact for local and national partners regarding the strategic approach to the management of offenders subject to MAPPA guidance (or other risk management provision)
- To be the key contact for/and lead on strategic matters relating to the management of offenders for the West Lothian Public Protection Committee (WLPPC)
- To take lead responsibility for developing effective communication, at both a practice and policy level, across all other appropriate services, in particular child and adult protection
The skills and experience you must have are:
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
386.18 - Lead Officer.pdf