Allocations Officer x 2, West Lothian Civic Centre (386.46) C/D 02/10/16
5 days left
- Full Time
Fixed Term for 18 months
The key duties of this post are:
- You will- be responsible for the delivery of a high quality customer focused housing service, which delivers the Council's commitments In achieving sustainable communities. You will be responsible for allocating all vacant properties belonging to West Lothian Council and a percentage of vacant properties belonging to registered social landlords.
- Responsible for the Implementation of all housing policies and procedures and ensure compliance with current-legislation,regulation and good practice.
- As an individual you should be highly motlvated, be able to plan and organise your workload, achieve performance targets and provide an excellent customer service to our customers
- As an allocations officer you will have the ability to work In a largely unsupervised environment, be competent In decision making process In relation to complex housing tasks and resolve problems to progress projects.
- Working with applicants who have varying degrees of housing need, delivering a customer focused approach to achieve a better quality of life for customer, adopting a multi-agency approach on an Individual basis.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Chartered Institute of Housing Level 4 or equivalent
- Significant experience of working In a Housing Environment
- A working knowledge of relevant legislation eg Housing (Scotland) Act 2001
- IT literate - an ability to use software applications, email, excel, data entry, word, powerpoint etc
- Ability to Identify and resolve complex housing Issues Highly developed Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own workload and work in a pressured environment
386.46 - Allocations Officer.pdf