Building Standards Officer, West Lothian Civic Centre (386.11) C/D 02/10/16
7 days left
- Full Time
You will become part of a team responsible for delivering a range of services related to its statutory duties to process applications for building warrants, completion certificates and enforcement of the Building (Scotland) Act 2003.
Essential requirements for the post are:
- Detailed knowledge and skill in all aspects of the Building (Scotland) Act, associated legislation and the detail and application of the Building Standards, The continually changing nature of this legislation requires continuing CPD to ensure an up to date knowledge is maintained.
- Experience in designing and/or checking building construction projects for compliance with the building regulations and mandatory standards
- Familiar with but not experts in, Health and Safety legislation, and be able to identify, assess and understand the implications of unauthorised building works on public safety.
- Communicating verbally and in writing in a concise and factual manner in relation to any matters, including decisions made, to architects, engineers, builders and other building professionals and to members of the public.
- Inspecting building work on site in order to ensure compliance with approved plans and identify where rectification is required.
- Possess membership of the RICS at associate level, or a suitable equivalent qualification, or a degree in an appropriate building related discipline.
- Extensive professional experience of all aspects of design and construction etc.
Further information is available from Jim McGinley, Building Standards Manager, on 01506 282395 or firstname.lastname@example.org
386.11 - Building Standards Officer.pdf