Clerical Assistant, Peel Primary School, (386.05), CD 02/10/16 INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
3 days left
- Full Time
Applications for this post will only be accepted from current employees of West Lothian Council (this includes casual and agency staff who are currently undertaking work for us)
30 hours per week, 39 weeks per year, salary pro rata, interviews will be held w/c 10th October 2016
The key duties of this post are:
- Provide administrative support to school management team e.g. Minutes, reports, letters etc.Assist with production of general school reports e.g. Improvement Plan, Quality & Standards Report etc
- Provide admin support for school functions and events e.g. Buses, School trips, Prize giving etc.
- Ensure property maintenance schedules and timetables are checked and updated and liaison with FM staff where appropriate.
- Maintain inventory system for all school equipment
- Process information for pupils on free meal entitlement and liaise with Education Services regarding eligibility
- Assist with administration in relation to outings and excursions e.g. transport, records, parental consent forms etc and administer paperwork such as parental consent forms
- Reconcile payments made on line (Ipayimpact) and placing orders for school meals/milk etc.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- Reasonable standard of education
- Secretarial qualifications.
- Excellent word processing skills
- Experience of working with IT applications in an office environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Experience of working in an office environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
INTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY
About the School
Peel Primary School is a non-denominational school serving the community of Eliburn in Livingston. It is part of the Inveralmond Community High School cluster. The roll of the school is 409 with pupils organised into fifteen classes. There is no nursery within the school but pupils are drawn from a wide range of early years provision. The school building includes a very well used community wing which is utilised by an after school club and other community groups. The senior leadership team comprises the Head Teacher, Depute Head Teacher and two Principal Teachers. In addition to fifteen class teachers, there is a team of pupil support workers, a support for learning teacher and specialist provision for art and drama. The school office is staffed by an administrative assistant and a clerical assistant.
Peel Primary School has earned a good reputation within the community and is well supported by the parent council and the wider parent forum. The parent council works in close partnership with the school and there are well developed, supportive partnerships with local groups, businesses and the community.
The school has achieved 4 Eco Schools green flags, has Fair Trade Aware status, a Bronze Sport Scotland Award, Primary Science Quality Mark and is working towards level 2 of the Rights Respecting Schools’ Award.
This year, the priority for improvement is raising attainment and the specific areas for development in session 2016-17 relate to further improving numeracy and maths, curriculum development, increasing pupil involvement and leadership, and involving all stakeholders in school improvement.
386.05 - Clerical Assistant.pdf