Sport & Leisure Assistant, Fixed Term, Fauldhouse Partnership Centre, (386.03), CD 02/10/16
1 day left
- Full Time
18 hours per week, fixed term to 30 December 2017, salary pro rata
Working within a small team you will support a wide range of customers using the sport and leisure facilities at various locations throughout West Lothian. Duties include setting up equipment and routine maintenance. Good interpersonal skills, reliability and commitment to customer service are essential.
Irregular working hours including weekends and evenings for which an allowance may be payable.
The key duties of this post are:
- Control the use of facilities and as necessary direct the activities of users to prevent injury and damage to facilities and equipment.
- Prepare sport and leisure areas for use including assembling and dismantling equipment, both inside and outside.
- Maintain good relationships with other staff, school students and members of the public.
- Carry out simple maintenance tasks and help maintain the fabric and condition of sport and leisure areas and equipment.
- Participate in staff meetings, training and courses, as required.
- Cash handling, as required
- Provide appropriate support to Sport and Leisure Supervisor and undertake other tasks as required.
- Assist in establishing, implementing and reviewing normal operating procedures and an emergency action plan in respect of the swimming pool, dry side.
Check, repair and maintain lockers and help ensure security in changing rooms
The skills and experience you must have are:
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification or equivalent.
- Experience in private or public sport and leisure facilities
- Experience of swimming pool operation
- Experience of health and safety systems
- Experience of teaching, coaching or leading sport and leisure activities
- Experience of working face to face with members of the public
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by the West Lothian Council
386.03 - Leisure Assistant.pdf