Social Care Practitioner, 28.8 hrs, Limecroft Care Home (386.19) CD 02/10/16
1 day left
- Full Time
28.8 hours per week + 14% shift allowance, salary pro rata.
West Lothian Care Homes for Older People provide care needs for frail older people. We are looking for people interested in working with older people in this environment. A rotational shift system is in operation, which includes weekend working. SVQ III or equivalent qualification is essential. You should have experience in a social care setting. A rota system is in operation which includes weekends.
The key duties of this post are:
- To undertake responsibility, jointly with other social care staff, to provide care and support to all residents which respects their individual rights and choice.
- To act as “key worker” for a number of individuals including:
- Pre-admission visit(s) to the client at home/in hospital
- Preparation of written residential care plans
- Monitoring of care plans: ensuring changing personal care needs are met
- Delivering direct personal care in accordance with care plans (see below)
- To contribute to changeovers and to report significant observations/events etc. relating to residential care
- To participate in residential reviews and to provide written assessments as appropriate
- Maintaining residents’ personal files by details recorded on a daily basis in accordance with the “Open Access” Guidelines
- To work in collaboration with families/carers/other agencies to provide a service to residents
- Supporting residents and others at times of loss
- Using residents’ money for arranging Birthday/Christmas presents, etc. and outings
- Helping residents keep track of their pensions/money, clothes and possessions.
The skills and experience you must have are:
- V.Q. Level 3 in Social Care
- An understanding of the specific needs of older people. It is expected that Social Care Workers should gain competence having regard to National Occupational Standards. Scottish Vocational Qualifications will be used as the foundation towards gaining specific standards of competence in social care.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Vulnerable Children and/or Protected Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check prior to a formal offer of employment being made by West Lothian Council.
386.19 - Social Care Practioner.pdf