SENIOR BUSINESS ANALYST - OTC DERIVATIVES - PERMANENT
Core-Asset Consulting's client, a global leading investment management business, is looking to hire a Senior Business Analyst with experience in Multi-Asset Investment Risk and OTC Derivatives to join their Edinburgh office on a permanent basis.
The successful applicant will come from either an asset management or investment banking environment and work on highly complex business analysis tasks overseeing changes covering multiple areas and groups. We are actively seeking candidates who have excellent knowledge of End to End asset management processes and its associated Third Party Administrators, technical expertise as well as strong relationship skills.
- Complete commissioned pieces of analysis work, connected to new change initiatives as they come onto the Change Portfolio. This analysis may be at the Front End of a project, or during the main delivery phase.
- Deliver outputs to an agreed specification (Statement of Work)
- Work in collaboration with the Portfolio Manager, Programme or Project Manager, if one is assigned to move new work from the idea/problem statement phase to the completion of a business case.
- Business Analysts will prepare multiple formal documents, in line with the agreed analysis process
- Utilise a range of tools and analysis techniques to collate, analyse and make sense of data
- Build very strong relationships with business experts and stakeholders and get very close to the day to day operational practices in order to develop deep business knowledge
- Often spend time in business teams, observing, clarifying and examining business processes in order to translate business issues into clear problem statements
- Do a lot of desk based reading and research to build knowledge of industry practices, challenges and changes coming our way
- Build relationships with key suppliers of services, software vendors and consultants to build a wide awareness of the industry, typical problems and the typical solutions
- Develop areas of subject matter expertise and deep business knowledge which will allow them to participate in the shaping of our business architecture
- Derivatives experience and/or Investment Banking or investment banking) industry.
- A good understanding of different asset classes and the investment management process.
- Should have a track record of analysing complex derivative and or risk management processes and delivering solutions to drive business benefit.
- Specific knowledge of Investment Risk and/or OTC Derivatives valuations and pricing.
- Ability to be able to explain technical issues in a way that non-technical people understand.
- Experience of working with business stakeholders in the Front Office
- Experience working alongside other professional business analysts, project managers, IT professionals, and business experts on major change projects.
- Analysis experience including data & requirements analysis, operating model, technical analysis, process modelling
- Experience must include having sole responsibility for the delivery of specific outputs such as operating models, requirements documents
- End to End knowledge of whole asset management process across Front, Middle and Back Office.
- Experience of dealing with Third Party Administrators and Fund Accountants.
- Being able to deliver change through a variety of methods including iterative, agile and waterfall.
- Enthusiastic and positive 'can do' attitude
- Good analytical skills and production of high-quality analysis outputs
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- Being a strong motivator and facilitator
- Good stakeholder management and communication
- Ability to be able to work on more than one initiative at a time
- Timely delivery on actions whilst always keeping quality in mind
- Experience of leading a team of other analysts would be of advantage.
- CISI accreditation
- System experience: Charles River, RiskMetrics, Bloomberg, SunGard APT, UBS Delta
Job reference: 8900
To apply for this vacancy applicants must be eligible to work in the UK in accordance with the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006.
Core-Asset Consulting offers specialist recruitment services to the investment management, financial services and accounting & finance markets across Scotland.