- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Act as team leader in the maintenance of roads, drains and relating services, working accurately to provided dimensions and specifications across the full range of maintenance and construction methods.
The applicant will be required to work out with normal hours, and will be required to take part in winter maintenance operations.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Full time permanent position, 37 Hours per week
Informal enquiries to Ian Daniels - 01358726416
- Supervision and management of squad members
- Completion of timesheets, plant sheets and other administration maintaining record keeping systems in line with corporate records management standards
- Manual working, including use of hand tools and power tools, and the checking and routine maintenance of tools and equipment
- Preparation and planning of works and works programmes
- Drive vehicles which require an LGV licence
- Current valid driving licence
- Experience in the use of construction plant
- Experience of road works, civil engineering or within the construction
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues such as site safety
- Accuracy in completion of timesheets and other records
- Ability to pre-plan daily activities and organise work to maximise
- Ability to undertake manual lifting, move and set out equipment
- C & G Certificate in winter maintenance
- Highway and Authorities Utilities Committee Certificate
- NVQ Level 2 in road maintenance
- LGV licence
- Experience of winter maintenance operations
- Experience of road marking work
- Knowledge of Smart Card or Knowledge of Chapter 8 Road Signing – Use
- of Traffic Safety Measures and Signs for Road Works
- Knowledge of Highway Construction methods
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Charge-hand Roads 2009-10-01.pdf