- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
You have an awareness of the needs and rights of older people and people with disability and you have the ability to work as part of a team. As well as your ability to maintain confidentiality, you have the capability to cope with physically and emotionally demanding work.
As well as domestic duties you will also be required to help residents with personal care and you will need to be comfortable undertaking such tasks.
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire Council will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory. The preferred candidate will also be required to provide an Overseas Criminal Records Check from other countries as deemed necessary. An offer of employment by Aberdeenshire will be subject to the outcome of this check being satisfactory.
Informal Enquires to: Jason Strathdee - 01569 768 702
The role of the Domestic Assistant involves maintaining high standards of cleanliness throughout the home as well providing support to the care staff in assisting individuals with personal care tasks. Other tasks include assisting with preparation of food and serving meals and beverages. Domestic Assistants report to the Duty Manager, who is responsible for the allocation of duties and for overseeing the Domestic Assistants work.
Cleaning of all areas within the home, including residents rooms and personal property
Assisting kitchen staff with food preparation, serving and dining room tasks
Support care staff in assisting individuals with personal care tasks as required
- Good numeric and literacy skills
- Awareness of the needs and rights of older people and people with disability
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Comfortable in undertaking personal care tasks
- Genuine interest in the needs and rights of older people and people with disability
- Ability to use initiative and adaptable and flexible in approach
- Positive, reliable, supportive and caring in attitude
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- The capability to cope with demanding work, both from a physical and emotional perspective
- Available to work variable shift patterns including weekend, evening and day time
- Willing to undertake job related training
- Experience of working with older people and people with disability
- Previous work experience as a domestic assistant in a health or social care setting
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Awareness of Health & Safety in the workplace
- Understanding of a Person-Centred approach in relation to Health and Social Care settings
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf