Fitness Instructor (2 x 0.42 FTE, Fixed Term)
1 day left
- Part Time
2 x Fitness Instructor (0.42 FTE, Fixed Term until 27 June 2017)
£17,632 per annum (pro-rata)
You will contribute towards a positive and healthy work environment which encourages active participation in physical activity and wellbeing. You will work to improve the health and fitness of Ayrshire College staff, students and the surrounding community. This will include liaising with the Sport and Fitness department and other relevant stakeholders.
Key areas of your employment will be to;
- Deliver key services such as gym inductions, personal fitness training activities and supply training programmes to gym users.
- Effectively supervise clients using the fitness suite.
- Ensure the smooth running of the sports and fitness areas by keeping them clean, tidy and ready for use at all times.
- Adhere to health and safety legislation and regulations.
- Implement and maintain safety frameworks, policies, procedures and risk assessments.
- Supervise students on placement in the sports and fitness areas.
- Coordinate and deliver group exercise classes as required.
- Coordinate bookings for the sports and fitness facilities.
- Promote the sport and fitness facilities at Ayrshire College both internally and externally.
You must possess a Register of Exercise Professionals Qualification Level 2 or an equivalent qualification in Gym Instruction and should have industry recognised qualifications to deliver a range of classes for example, Spin, Yoga, Body Pump, Exercise to Music etc. You will also have excellent motivational, communication and organisational skills, a flexible approach and the ability to work unsupervised.
For informal enquiries on this employment opportunity please contact James Adams, Head of Sport and Social Science at: email@example.com