- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Waste Orderly at Peterhead Landscape Depot. Your job role involves the delivery of front line services to individuals and groups of people. Duties typically include street sweeping, litter collection, emptying of litter/dog bins and occasional refuse duties.
Applicants must be able to undertake tasks that frequently require a high level of physical effort, be self-motivated, enthusiastic and have good communication skills.
This is a permanent full time position (37 Hours per week)
Interviews will take place on Thursday 6th October 2016.
Informal enquiries to Claire Loney, tel: 01771 623613.
Carry out the duties of a Waste Orderly in order to maintain the roads and streets within your area of responsibility in a litter and detritus free condition. You will be expected to carry out these duties in a professional, smart and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the streets and footpaths in your area of responsibility are kept free from litter and detritus.
- Ensure that you use the correct procedure when dealing with sharps as laid down in your operations pack and the H&S booklet.
- Ensure that you comply with all relevant Health & Safety Legislation. This includes the safe systems of work and the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment.
- Report any fault or problem to management using Streetscene procedures.
- Able to undertake physical work on a regular basis
- Manual handling; a requirement to lift as outlined in the Manual Handling Guidelines
- Good communicator
- Self-motivated with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to use own initiative and follow instructions
- Must be honest, reliable, open and friendly
- Work unsupervised but also capable of working as part of a team
- Maintain equipment in a clean and serviceable manner
- Previous experience of street cleansing and litter collection
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Knowledge of roads and streets within your area of responsibility.
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf