Teacher of Primary/ Nursery
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for
We are looking for enthusiastic teachers who are committed to excellence and ready to work in a dynamic part of Scotland.
Salary for this post will be in accordance with SNCT agreements. Applicants must be or eligible to be fully GTC Scotland registered. This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal enquiries to: Kerry Lawrinson 01358 701233
To deliver quality education to assigned pupils and contribute, within a collegiate ethos, to the professional life of the school
• Deliver quality learning and teaching and promote the attainment and achievement of all pupils
• Participate in the professional and collegiate work of the school
• Contribute to the formation and implementation of school and departmental improvement plans
• Good knowledge of current planning and assessment procedures
• Good understanding of national and local curriculum policies
• Registered or eligible to be registered with GTC Scotland Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Able to create a motivating, learning environment and programmes of work, which take account of individual pupil, needs
• Good communicator, orally and written
• Genuine interest in children and their families
• Commitment to working in partnership with parents
• Commitment to collegiate working
• Adaptable and willing to try new ways of working
• Considerate, helpful and approachable
• Willing to undertake further professional development and training
• Competent in the use of ICT, including application to learning and teaching
• Interested in whole school developments and the wider life of the school