1 day left
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Provide a professional field social work services to children, families, individuals and groups within current legislation, policies and procedures of Aberdeenshire Council through working in partnership with service users, other professionals and agencies within the wider community
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
It is Aberdeenshire Council’s procedure that applicants for vacancies of this nature require to attend an assessment centre as well as Interview.
Please note, assessment centres and interviews may be carried out on different dates which will be confirmed in due course.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of two references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Interviews are expected to take place on 6th October 2016.
Informal Enquiries to Karen MacLean Tel: 01261 813456
- Assessment, care planning, provision and / or commissioning of services to children in need, including those with disabilities, those who require protection or at risk, looked after children and their families
- Direct work with children, families and individuals
- Application of professional interviewing techniques, information gathering and therapeutic intervention directly with children and their families
- Carry out statutory and agency responsibilities including report writing and care plans
- Maintain record keeping systems in line with corporate and statutory records management standards
- Purchase of goods or services in accordance with financial procedures
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.docx