Schools and College Administrator
3 days left
- Full Time
The Outreach and Engagement team in Glasgow Caledonian University is looking to appoint an Administrator. The Administrator will provide full administrative support to the Schools and College Outreach Teams. They will assist in the coordination, monitoring, evaluation of the outreach programmes and contribute to the smooth day-to-day operation of the team. The work will involve working with colleagues across the University and externally with Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools alongside Colleges and local Community Groups.
The role will be varied and will require excellent organisation skills and the ability to self motivate with a proven ability to work under pressure. The role holder will work closely with the Administrative Assistant and will require strong administrative skills with experience of clerking formal and informal meetings. Ability to use own initiative is imperative alongside having extensive experience of Microsoft Office packages, excellent IT and social media skills. Previous experience of working in a school, college or university would be advantageous.
As this role involves Regulated work with Adults the successful candidate will require PVG Scheme membership.
Applicants must have the continued right to live and work in the United Kingdom for the duration of the contract at the time of application to apply for this vacancy.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, and are committed to promoting equality and valuing diversity at GCU.
Please note that the appointment will be made on the first point of the salary scale (unless by exception).
Main purpose of the role
The Administrator will provide full administrative support to the Schools and College Outreach Teams. They will assist in the coordination, monitoring, evaluation of the outreach programmes and contribute to the smooth day-today operation of the team.
- Organisation and management of all administrative duties to support the work of the Schools and College Outreach Team.
- Manage all administration duties pertinent to the recruitment, training including all health and safety and work-readiness of Student Mentors.
- Assist the team in the coordination of student mentors to work on various projects communicating with the mentors via email, text tools and phone.
- Assist the team in the organisation and set up of workshops in school and on campus.
- Provide administration service including minute taking for all related meetings, e.g. College Connect meetings such as the Strategic Partnership Groups and Interhub meetings, Caledonian Club Steering Group meeting and Teacher meetings etc.
- Responsible for the line management of the Administrative Assistant.
- Coordinate all communication as required with colleges, nursery, primary and secondary schools and student mentors via e-mail, letters, telephone calls and face-to-face interaction to ensure all activities and projects run as seamlessly as possible
- Manage database, other electronic records alongside social media platforms and assist in the collation of evaluation through entering data on appropriate systems from participants and other key stakeholders
- Support the Senior Manager by arranging meetings and organising diary commitments as directed.
- Assist in the collation, investigation and production of reports such as financial reports, statistical reports and any reports required for internal and external stakeholders
- Input into the on-going development of the work of the team and future planning
- Organise and process travel, accommodation and reimbursement of expenses in accordance with the University’s Financial Procedures for the team
- Demonstrate an understanding of and participate in health and safety practices and risk assessment protocols
- Any other tasks appropriate to the post and in line with the Department’s business needs.
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications
E1 - A minimum of an HND level qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent work experience.
E2 - Proven track record in demonstrating administrative experience including extensive experience of Microsoft Office packages.
E3 - Experience of diary management
E4 - Experience of clerking formal and informal meetings
D1 - Experience of working in a school, college or HE environment would be advantageous
D2 - Working knowledge of online financial systems is advantageous
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours
E5 - Excellent communication (both written and verbal), organisational and interpersonal skills.
E6 - Confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy.
E7 - Ability to use on own initiative and work independently and as part of a team.
E8- Proven track record demonstrating good organisational and IT skills inclusive of world wide web information retrieval and other social media platforms.
E9 - An enthusiastic and flexible approach.
E10 - Ability to prioritise own and team’s workload.
D3 - Working knowledge of Higher Education is advantageous.
D4 - Ability to prepare financial statistical information.