Lifeguard/Leisure Attendant (FIF05150)
2 days left
- Full Time
Lochgelly Community Use:
Wednesday 16.45 – 22.15 PM –5.5 hours
Friday 18.30 – 20.45 PM – 2.25 hours
Saturday 9.45 – 12.45 PM – 3.0 hours
Balwearie Community Use:
Thursday 16.45 – 19.45 PM – 3.0 hours
Woodmill Community Access:
Friday 16.45 – 19.45 PM – 3.0 hours
Interview Date: Week Commencing Monday 10 October 2016
Supervise all swimming pool users and ensure their safety by adhering to the Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan.
Fife Council pays the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate to employees earning less than £8.33 per hour. If the hourly rate of pay for the post is less than the Scottish Local Government Living Wage Rate a supplement will be paid.
You must be in possession of a current National Pool Lifeguard Qualification and training should be up to date.
You are responsible for ensuring that all training required to maintain your National Pool Lifeguard and First Aid Qualification is undertaken.
You must be flexible in your approach to work and prepared to cover additional shifts at other Community Use Schools.
Before confirming appointment, you will be required to obtain Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) Scheme Membership through Disclosure Scotland.
- Observe all pool users and anticipate problems.
- Identify emergencies quickly and take appropriate action.
- Carry out rescues and other emergency action when required.
- Give first aid as required.
- Ensure that all pool areas and changing areas are maintained in a clean and safe condition.
- Communicate with pool users and other colleagues when performing all tasks.
- Ensure that the pool surrounds are kept tidy and free from obstacles.
- Ensure that toilets, changing rooms, shower and swimming pool are ready for use.
We are looking for a enthusiastic individual with good customer and team experience. You should have good communication and problem solving skills as well as an interest in the leisure, learning industry.
In Fife Council how we work matters and you will be responsible for being a role model by displaying and promoting behaviours that are expected of all Council employees:
- Take ownership
- Focus on customers
- Work together
- Embrace technology & information
- Deliver results
For further details contact - Brigette McNeish, 03451 55 55 55 + Ext 492458 (Direct Line) or email Brigette.firstname.lastname@example.org
RR82 TandCs March 2015.doc
RS71 Generic Job Pack.docx