- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for an assistant cook to assist the Unit Supervisor to run a large kitchen, primarily by cooking and preparing food.
You must have experience of preparing and cooking meals in quantity and have an Elementary Hygiene Certificate. As well as being able to work to guidelines you have a genuine interest in food and the needs of children. A 706/1 City & Guilds, 706/2 Cooking Certificate or equivalent and knowledge of H.A.C.C.P is desirable.
This post is regulated work with protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where applicable, this post also requires an Overseas Criminal Record Check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquiries - Jennifer Quincey 07766497902 or Sandra Brant 01467623372
- Assist the Unit Supervisor to operate the kitchen in an efficient manner
- Carry out cooking and preparation tasks
- Ensure that cash is handled correctly and prepared for banking
- Academic achievement to Scottish National 4 or 5 level, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
- Elementary Hygiene Certificate
- Ability to flexible, adaptable and work on own initiative
- Ability to follow guidelines and instructions
- Have a genuine interest in food and the needs of children
- Ability to communicate well with staff and pupils
- 706/1 City & Guilds
- 706/2 Cooking Certificate or equivalent
- Knowledge of H.A.C.C.P.
- Experience in preparing and cooking of meals in quantity
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf