Care & Support Worker (Nights)
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Very Sheltered Housing provides adults with a housing support need, the opportunity to live independently in their own flat within the complex. Each complex offers personal care, housing support, meals and social care which will be delivered by staff based at the complex.
You have a proven track record of experience in a caring role in health or social care either in the community or residential setting. With the ability to understand the needs and rights of older people. You are also comfortable with undertaking personal care tasks and have a sensitive and caring approach. Show good verbal communication skills and ability to work as part of a team and also at times on your own as identified on the rota. You will also be in a position to work a variable shift pattern including weekends, days/nights and public holidays.
Enthusiastic, motivated and able to cope with demanding work you have a positive, responsible and caring attitude. Able to attend training suitable to this post, and be prepared to travel within Aberdeenshire to attend some of the training.
You will effectively contribute towards the provision of a supportive, caring, environment, within a framework, which promotes anti-discriminatory practice, encourages independence with equal recognition of each individuals rights, personal beliefs and choice, following the National Care Standards and SSSC Codes of Practise.
Support individuals using a person centred approach as detailed in the personal plan.
Be prepared to undertake SVQ level 2 and register with the SSSC when the register opens.
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation.
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This post has a minimum requirement of 2 references. One of these must be your current or most recent employer.
Informal Enquires to: Fiona Massie Tel 01330 820208
- Assist in offering a sensitive, efficient, caring and supportive service in line with service aims, values, policies and procedures.
- Assist in the creation, maintenance, monitoring and evaluation of personal plans.
- Provide flexible support to enable service users to live independently, gain confidence and maintain social networks by supporting them by meeting the needs identified in their personal plan.
- Assist and support the individual using a person centred approach, (to the extent identified by the individual support / care plan) based on the following principles as per National Care Standards Dignity, safety, choice, privacy, equality, diversity and potential.
- Provide stimulating and appropriate activities to enable service users to lead a fulfilled lifestyle by encouraging them to retain and learn new skills.
- Use of approaches to manage behaviours that challenge in care settings.
Please also see attached job profile for essential and desirable criteria
Job Profile Care & Support Worker 2008-03-26.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf