- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
• To carry out a range of maintenance, repair and improvement work on properties owned by both the council and external agencies all in accordance with the agreed terms and conditions as contained within contract and/or service level agreements
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
This post is regulated work with children and/or protected adults under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
This position is designated as a ‘Mobile' post as detailed on the
Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
This role's main base will be Stonehaven but will also be expected to work out of the Banchory Depot as workloads permit.
Informal enquiries to Barry Cronin 01569768624
• Carry out a range of general maintenance, repair and improvement work
• Manage, programme and organise own activities in conjunction with Supervisor
• Assess plans and or work schedules to ascertain exact material requirements
• Complete work according to targets and schedules
• Ensure all work is carried out to set standard and/or specifications
• Complete all required contract administration processes
• Assist with periodic or annual stock taking to include counting, recording and checking
• Ensure that the established Safe Systems of Work are employed and that all work is carried out in a safe, skilled and professional manner
• Comply with all relevant current Health & Safety legislation
• Time served qualification
• Current valid driving licence
• Current Construction Skills Certificate Scheme Card (CSCS)
• Experience in general maintenance and repair work within appropriate
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work as a team
• Knowledge of Health and Safety in the workplace
• Registration with relevant trade body e.g. CITB, NICEIC, CORGI
• Health & Safety training
• Experience in completion of timesheets and job tickets
• Experience across all aspects of trade related work including major
• Ability to use own initiative and problem solve
Job Profile Tradesperson (Joiner, Mason, Painter, Plasterer, Slater, Bricklayer) 2009-10-27.pdf
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf