Team Leader (Family Placement)
Social Work Resources Location: Family Placement Team, 1st Floor, Civic Centre, Andrew Street, East Kilbride, G74 1AB Duration: Permanent Positions: 1 x 17.5 hours The Family Placement Team provides all of the Adoption and Fostering Services for South Lanarkshire Council. In addition the team deal with Through care, Continuing Care and Short Breaks Services. The service is seeking a dynamic team leader who can support the service to develop and expand whilst ensuring high standards of care are maintained. This post is currently located in the adoption team therefore experience and knowledge in the field of adoption would be desirable.
The key tasks for the service are:
- To carry out effective staff supervision / development / appraisal of a range of social workers who are responsible for preparation and recruitment of a range of foster carers, adoptive parents and supported carers to meet the needs of children and young people who require family placement.
- To monitor and promote high standards of practice through the provision of regular structured supervision / consultation with team members.
- To prioritise and maximise resources whilst ensuring that every child receives a placement where they can achieve their potential.
- To work in partnership with other professionals/agencies through the Corporate Parenting Strategy to achieve the best outcomes for children.
- To co-ordinate and quality assure the adoption and fostering work for presentation to Fostering and Adoption Panels.
- To chair a range of meetings including foster carer reviews/audits, planning and linking meetings.
- To be responsible for the management of staff and projects as determined by the Adoption and Fostering Manager and to contribute to the management team in developing the aims of the service.
Employment History/Foreign Police Check
Candidates should be able to detail any gaps in employment and provide a foreign police check where applicable for any periods living or working abroad.
Closing Date: Sunday, 25 September 2016
Interview Date: TBC.
Delivering a Fairer Future – Under the Council’s positive action programme, applications for this post are particularly encouraged from male applicants.
This post is excepted in terms of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 2003.
The successful candidate will be subject to a criminal records check provided by Disclosure Scotland.
This post is considered Regulated Work with Children and Adults, under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act, 2007. Therefore, it is an offence to apply if you are barred from working with children and adults.
Preferred candidates will be required to join the PVG Scheme, or undergo a PVG Scheme Update check, prior to a formal offer of employment being made by South Lanarkshire Council.
Please refer to http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/publications/ and click on Code of Practice for further information about the disclosure process and best practice.
As the application process has changed, we recommend you familiarise yourself with the revised format and content of the form by clicking on the following link to access the applicant user guide. Please click here
South Lanarkshire Council are Equal Opportunities employers and encourage applications from all members of the community. We are committed to the Double Tick Initiative and offer a guaranteed interview to any applicant who considers themselves to be disabled and who meets the competency requirements for the post.
Job Profile - Team Leader (Family Placement) NEW.doc