Loans and Touring Assistant (Temporary)
1 day left
- Full Time
Glasgow Life is the charity responsible for inspiring Glasgow’s citizens and visitors to lead richer and more active lives through culture, sport and learning.
At Glasgow Life we believe in the transformational power of the services we provide for the citizens of and visitors to the City of Glasgow. Glasgow Life has a significant role to play in ensuring Glasgow retains its position as a world class city following the 2014 Commonwealth Games. We operate 156 venues across Glasgow including Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum, the Emirates Arena, Mitchell Library and the Glasgow Royal Concert Hall. In addition we are proud to be responsible for Celtic Connections, the Glasgow Club and the City’s 32 local libraries.
As Loans and Touring Assistant you will you will be required to assist in all aspects of loans management, inward, outward loans, tours, new acquisitions, including cost estimates for projects, preparation of tenders, agreements, transport, customs, packing and insurance arrangements, liaison with lenders/borrowers, and commitment accounting.
To be successful in this role you have the following skills and experience:
• A minimum of 2 years proven competency of project managing, negotiating terms for, and delivering international tours of museum collection a Degree in relevant subject area
• An awareness of current HMRC procedures, commercial and indemnity insurance and anti-seizure laws
• procurement and tendering for Fine Art Transport Agents and crating agencies
• Ability to risk assess all aspects of loans and tours and have an understanding of conservation and security issues
• Proven experience of meeting demanding deadlines while maintaining good interpersonal and team management skills
Glasgow Life services are the top performing services delivered by or on behalf of Glasgow City Council. Three of the top four scores for satisfaction are achieved by our services, including Museums and Art Galleries, Libraries and Sport and Leisure Facilities. None of this would have been achieved without the considerable strength of our workforce – building on our commitment to make Glasgow a successful and vibrant city.
This post is temporary for a period up to 31 December 2019.
Alternative Application Packs can be requested in other formats for example, Large Print, Braille, Audio and other languages. To request an alternative Application Pack please phone 0141 287 1054.
Packs will be posted out to you within 3 working days of receiving your telephone request.
Please note the closing date of the job advert to ensure that you give yourself plenty of time to complete your application form and return it to us.
For further information about working for us please refer to our website Working for us