Admin Assistant (Transport)
An efficient, experienced Administrator, you will join the busy Transport section of the Admin Team within Estates & Property Services. Your role will include processing permit applications and enquiries, liaising with the Car Park Operators, administration of alternative travel options, procurement, invoice verification and assistance with Transport events.
You will need to be educated to higher level with extensive knowledge and experience over a range of administrative functions, as well as databases and excel spread-sheets.
The working hours for this post are:
- Monday 9AM - 5PM
- Tuesday 9AM - 5PM
- Wednesday 9AM - 5PM
We're in the business of changing lives, developing students into highly employable graduates. Be part of their amazing journey and join our 1500 colleagues who already enjoy the richly rewarding work, vibrant community and lifestyle afforded by generous annual leave.
Closing Date: 25th September 2016
Responsible to: Administration Manager, Estates & Property Services
Responsible for: No supervisory responsibility
Purpose of the Post : Responsible for the day to day administrative support as the point of contact for all car park management and transport related issues.
- Administer/process Car Park Permit applications including BUP, Temporary, Car Share etc
- Point of contact for Car Parking/Transport enquiries
- Provide invoice information to Finance for: Payment of fixed Penalty Notices, Adhoc (Temporary) charges, budget transfers (vehicles use)
- Administer closure of existing Bike to Work scheme forms
- Administration of database and issuing of keys for cycle lockers / cages
- Setup and administration of database for authorised car users
- Administer all maintenance, MOT, servicing, tax, fuel cards and incident report sheets of University vehicles.
- Provide minute taking for Transport related meetings
- Assist with miscellaneous transport events
- Procures equipment and materials, processing orders and verifying invoices for payment.
- Liaises with suppliers and representatives as required.
- Provides admin support to Estates & Property Services as a whole when necessary including occasional Switchboard & Reception duties.
- Assist with the implementation of effective marketing and awareness raising campaigns to promote the travel plan and strategy e.g. information events, road shows and media utilisation
- Assist the Head of Campus Services with the design and maintenance of promotional and marketing literature such as travel guides, brochures and information leaflets, in conjunction with Corporate Affairs and other departments as appropriate, ensuring information is delivered through the University’s publications and prospectuses.
- Assist in a variety of marketing projects and liaise with relevant participants internal and external to the University.
- Co-ordinate the necessary data collection exercise required to monitor and develop the Green Travel Plan e.g. staff and student annual surveys.
- Provide information and advice on travel within Aberdeen to the University community, distributing promotional and publicity material throughout the University as well as facilitating access to bus tickets, car park permits, cycle locker keys, etc
- Deal with 1st line complaints and suggestions on all University travel issues.
- Monitor and co-ordinate particular schemes for the University community i.e. Transport User Group, Bike User Group, Car Share Scheme
- Monitor day to day administration of the University’s Green Travel Plan i.e. maintain auditable systems for permits, fixed penalty fines and relevant databases.
- Undertake such other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Highers - English preferred
- A relevant Administrative qualification or equivalent experience
- Proven Knowledge of IT systems i.e. Word, Excel
- Extensive experience over a range of admin functions
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Proven Customer Service experience
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Excellent Team working skills required but with ability also to work on own initiative.
Behaviour 1: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey both straightforward information, and information requiring careful explanation, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 2: Team Work and Motivation - Experience of being supportive and encouraging to others, with a flexible approach to delivering team results. Actively contribute to team morale
Behaviour 3: Pastoral Care and Welfare - Experience of calming and reassuring those with work/study related problems who may be experiencing distress and dealing with difficult welfare situations or confidential matters
Behaviour 4: Service Delivery - Experience of giving customers a positive and satisfactory service, by providing accurate and up to date knowledge of services available in own and related areas of work
Admin Assistant (Transport) September 2016.pdf