Admin Assistant (Facilities)
- Full Time
An efficient, experienced Administrator, you will join the busy Campus Services team within Estates & Property Services. Your responsibilities will include diary management, procurement, stock checks, upkeep of staff records, invoice processing and minute taking.
You'll need to be educated to higher level with extensive knowledge and experience over a range of administrative functions, as well as databases and excel spread-sheets.
The working hours for this post are:
- Wednesday 1PM - 5PM
- Thursday 9AM - 5PM
- Friday 9AM - 5PM
We're in the business of changing lives, developing students into highly employable graduates. Be part of their amazing journey and join our 1500 colleagues who already enjoy the richly rewarding work, vibrant community and lifestyle afforded by generous annual leave.
Closing Date: 25 September 2016
Responsible to: Administration Manager, Estates & Property Services
Responsible for: No supervisory responsibility
Purpose of Post: To provide administrative support to the Managers within the Campus Services/Facilities section and general admin support for Estates & Property Services.
- Provides administrative assistance to Facilities Services to include maintaining filing systems & statutory documentation, upkeep of staff records and minute taking.
- Procures equipment and materials.
- Liaises with suppliers and representatives as required.
- Arranges appointments and assists with diary management for Managers within the Facilities section.
- Provides assistance with regard to recruitment of part-time manual worker staff (Cleaning and Janitorial posts).
- Liaises with Campus Services on- site staff to arrange uplift of various types of waste disposal and assists with waste reports.
- Assists in the management of the University’s swipe card (access) system including checking lone working forms, the processing and issuing of fobs and procurement of keys etc.
- Produce reports from swipe card system when required.
- Assists in the administration of sub budgets.
- Verifies invoices for payment.
- Prepares simple ad-hoc reports.
- Provides admin support to Estates & Property Services as a whole when necessary.
- Undertakes such other relevant duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Professional Memberships
- Highers - English and Maths preferred
- Relevant Administrative Qualification or equivalent experience
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of order processing, invoicing etc
- Proven IT skills i.e. Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Extensive experience over a range of admin functions .
- Proven experience of spread-sheets
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Accuracy and Attention to detail
- Excellent Team working skills essential but also ability to work on own initiative.
Behaviour 1: Communication - Ability to receive, understand and convey both straightforward information, and information requiring careful explanation, in a clear and accurate manner
Behaviour 2: Team Work and Motivation - Experience of being supportive and encouraging to others, with a flexible approach to delivering team results. Actively contribute to team morale
Behaviour 3: Pastoral Care and Welfare - Experience of calming and reassuring those with work/study related problems who may be experiencing distress and dealing with difficult welfare situations or confidential matters
Behaviour 4: Service Delivery - Experience of giving customers a positive and satisfactory service, by providing accurate and up to date knowledge of services available in own and related areas of work
Admin Assistant (Facilities) September 2016.pdf