Technician - Whole School
- Full Time
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
A vacancy has arisen for a Technician (Whole School). Educated to HNC level or equivalent you are IT literate and have good interpersonal skills together with a flexible and adaptable approach. Having previous relevant experience in providing technical support would be desirable as would experience in an educational establishment and training in Health & Safety.
You will have excellent organisational and communication skills and can work under pressure to meet deadlines
Working as part of the school support team you will provide a high quality technical support service within the school, using the available resources in the most efficient and productive manner, whilst ensuring that safe working practices are followed at all times. Duties include maintaining equipment in respect of Health and Safety Regulations, controlling stock and ordering materials for classwork, preparing teaching aids, and undertaking record keeping duties.
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of 1 reference. One of these must be your current or most recent employer
Working Hours: 14.5 hours per week worked on a Thursday and Friday (hours split equally over both days)
Informal Enquiries Contact - Nicola Christie 01224 740111
Work as part of the school support team to provide a high quality technical support service to the school, using the available resources in the most efficient and productive manner, whilst ensuring that safe working practices are followed at all times.
• Maintain equipment in respect of Health and Safety Regulations
• Controlling stock and ordering materials for classwork
• Preparing teaching aids
• Undertaking record keeping duties
• Organise and deploy Technical Assistants as appropriate according to their knowledge and experience and requirements of the school in conjunction with the CSN Support Services Coordinator
• Undertake health and safety procedures and regulations including Electricity at Work and COSHH as appropriate
• Preparation of materials for class use and assisting in any related demonstrations
• Work with others to ensure appropriate provision of technical support across the school.
• Previous experience in providing a technical support service in schools or
• HNC or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
• IT literate
• Good communication and organisational skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work in a variety of departments
• Ability to work under pressure to deadlines
• Flexible and adaptable approach
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
• Previous experience in an education establishment
• Managerial experience
• Experience in supporting a Technical Department
• Relevant Professional/Training qualifications eg training in areas of Health and Safety and IT
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf