Relief Playworker Out of School Clubs
Before applying for this job, it is important that you read the Applicant Guidance by clicking on the attachments below. These explain the job role and the type of person we are looking for.
Required to assist in the provision of a high quality out of school care service.
Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills is essential
This post is regulated work with children under the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland) Act 2007. The preferred candidate will be required to join the PVG Scheme or undergo a PVG Scheme update check. Where an individual has spent a continuous period of 3 months or more out with the UK in the last 5 years, an Overseas Criminal Record Check will be required. You will be required to provide this check. A confirmed offer of employment and commencement in the post will be subject to the outcome of both these pre-employment checks being deemed satisfactory.
The majority of posts within Aberdeenshire Council fall into one of the categories as detailed on the Worksmart website - http://worksmart.aberdeenshire.gov.uk/
This post has a minimum requirement of one reference which must be your current or most recent employer.
This is a relief post to cover:
Breakfast Club 7.30am – 9.00am
After School Club
Monday 1.45pm– 6.00pm / Tuesday to Friday 2.45pm– 6.00pm
The successful candidate will be based at Westhill Kidz Klub, Westhill Community Centre.
The expected date of interview for this position is 26th October 2016
Informal enquiries: Josephine Eikum Tel 07770943723
There is a responsibility for the post holder to demonstrate a commitment to quality service delivery through continuous improvement for the benefit of the Service and the organisation
Work in line with the National Care Standards and SSSC Code of practice following Aberdeenshire Council and Childcare Strategies policies and procedures
Be aware of the Well Being Indicators and how this can improve outcomes for the children in their care
Ensure the care and well-being of the children who attend the out of school care provision
Participate in the planning and implementation of out of school care activities
Complete paperwork as required
Facilitate and provide appropriate play opportunities for all children in their care
Encourage Child led activities and have experience of planning and facilitating play opportunities
Comply with and implement the necessary childcare and health and safety regulations
Undertake duties as requested by the senior management team and development workers
• Academic achievement to Scottish National Level 4 or 5, Standard Grades or equivalent transferable experience and skills
• Willingness to undertake further relevant training
• Requirement to register to with the SSSC within a 6 month timescale
• Requirement to complete core training within a 6 month timescale
• Experience of working with children in a supervisory capacity
• Good communication and listening skills
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Ability to relate to children in a positive manner
• SVQ level 2 qualification in Playwork or equivalent
• Food Hygiene Certificate
• First Aid Certificate
• Experience of working as part of a team
• Experience of assisting in the planning and delivery of activities
• Knowledge of Childcare Strategy
• Knowledge of National Care Standards and GIRFEC
Applying for a job with Aberdeenshire Council.pdf
Job Profile Play Worker 2016-05-18.pdf