College Connect Development Officer
The University’s College Connect Team is looking to appoint two Development Officers to take forward the delivery of the College Connect Academy, including the College Connect Transition Programme.
The main duties of this role are to develop and deliver recruitment and transition support to prospective articulating students from partner colleges as well as building and maintaining relationships with key partners across the college sector. The post-holder will work as part of the College Connect Team, focusing on delivery of targeted work to meet university recruitment targets and assist in the progression and retention of articulating students, contributing to a first-class student experience.
Applicants should possess a degree with relevant experience of the HE sector in both university and college.
Further essential requirements for this role include excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work on own initiative as well as a team member.
Further details on this post are available by contacting Andrew Shea, College Connect Manager at email@example.com or on 0141 273 1415.
Applicants must have the continued right to live and work in the United Kingdom for the duration of the contract at the time of application to apply for this vacancy.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, and are committed to promoting equality and valuing diversity at GCU.
Please note that the appointment will be made on the first point of the salary scale (unless by exception).
Main purpose of the role
The delivery of the College Connect Strategy, along with associated programmes, is key to enhancing the student experience by building strong relationships with partner colleges and engaging with students transitioning from college to GCU.
Working as part of the College Connect Team the Development Officer will contribute to the Strategy by developing and delivering recruitment and transition activities to college students as part of GCU’s long-thin induction model.
Accountabilities/Responsibilities of the role
- Support the Senior Development Officer in achieving the aims and objectives of the College Connect Team;
- Delivery of the College Connect Transition Programme through the College Connect Academy to prepare articulating students for the transition to GCU;
- Development of the College Connect Academy and College Connect Transition Programme;
- Develop and coordinate College Connect Membership for articulating students;
- Support the evaluation of the College Connect Transition Programme;
- Development of social media, web and other mentoring materials;
- Delivery of student recruitment and information events in-college and on campus at GCU;
- Deputising for the Senior Development Officer when required;
- Providing external representation for the University at college recruitment fairs and conventions;
- Answering enquiries from prospective students and other stakeholders as well as recording and following up enquiries;
- Providing updated university information to key partner colleges;
- Organising and leading on-campus visits for students wishing to make the transition from college to GCU;
- Recruitment and training of student mentors;
- Supervising student mentors;
- Any other tasks appropriate to the post and in line with the Outreach and Community Engagement Team’s business needs.
Educational and/or Professional Qualifications
E1 - Degree level qualification or equivalent.
E2 - Past experience of working in a development role
E3 - Experience of delivering to medium to large audiences
E4 - Experience of working in schools, FE Colleges or HEIs or in a training environment
D1 - Experience of working in the last five years in widening access
D2 - Experience of working in schools, FE Colleges or HEIs or in a training environment
D3 - Proven leadership experience of staff/students, projects and resources.
D4 - Experience of mentoring programmes
Skills, Knowledge & Behaviours
E5 - An up to date knowledge of current and best-practice in widening access and transition support alongside a good understanding of higher education in the UK
E6 - Strong organisational abilities coupled with strong self-motivation and a proven ability to work under pressure.
E7 - An effective communicator with well-honed interpersonal and intercultural skills
E8 - Report writing abilities. IT Literate and numerate
E9 - Excellent presentation skills